Tippecanoe Library has laptop computers for public use in the library thanks to the
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, Award 55-42B10549.
Tippecanoe Library, located at 3912 S. Howell Ave., was built in 1969.
The library began in storefront-rented quarters at 2835 S. Howell Avenue
in 1931. In 1960 the library moved into a building on the corner of
Howell and Howard Avenues which was formerly the Town of Lake Hall and
Fire Department. After the Town of Lake consolidated with the City of
Milwaukee, the building housed the library and a city fire station until
Tippecanoe moved to its new home in 1969.
The library features a Guido Brink sculpture: a suspended three-color
metal sculpture inspired by the Native-American Indian name of the library.
Brink used Tippecanoe as his springboard, basing his sculpture on
American Indian mythology and the spirit of the Manitou. Tippecanoe
Library maintains a Job and Career Center and a special collection of materials on Milwaukee and Wisconsin.
Tippecanoe Library offers drop in tutoring and introductory computer classes for adults, and story times and special programs for children and teens.
Library Adult Book Club has
been active for over ten years and meets each month.
Please join us!"
Library Branch Manager