(Note: This presumes that you have the appropriate permissions on your laptop to set up a wireless connection. You may need to consult documentation on enabling your administrator account using Vista.)
1. Access the Connect to a network dialog box, Click on Start, then Connect to.
2. Once you open the Connect to a network dialog box, you should see MPLWIRELESS listed. Highlight the MPLWIRELESS entry and choose Connect.
3. After you connect to the library’s wireless network, a dialog box will display informing that you are connecting to an unsecured wireless network. Click Connect Anyway to proceed with the connection to the library’s wireless service;
4. Once Vista has connected to the library’s wireless network a dialog box will display telling you it has successfully connected to MPLWIRELESS. Before closing the dialog box you will see a check box option labeled Save this network. This option will allow you to save this wireless network and even connect to it automatically every time you visit the library. This option is only recommended for experienced users of public wireless networks;
5. If this is your first time connecting to this wireless network or you choose to save your settings, Vista may display a dialog box asking you how you would like Vista to treat this new network. Clicking Public location for the library’s wireless service is recommended;
6. After you select how Vista should treat the library’s wireless service, you should see a dialog box telling you that the settings have been successfully set. At this point you can click Close and open your web browser to begin browsing the internet.