Welcome Back to the Library!
NOW EXTENDED THROUGH SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2016!
Bring back overdue books to any Milwaukee Public Library location between Monday, September 26 and Sunday, October 16, 2016 and library staff will forgive eligible fines and fees for Milwaukee Public Library-owned materials.
Patrons interested in participating in the program must visit a Milwaukee Public Library location in person and speak to a staff member. Children under the age of 15 are eligible, but will need a parent or guardian to sign their library card application. Families are encouraged to visit together, as only those present will be eligible for forgiveness.
Patrons should bring:
- Any overdue books, videos, or other library materials.
- Library Card or proof of legal name and Milwaukee County residence.
Learn more about how to Get a Library Card.
Library Staff will:
- Accept any overdue materials.
- Evaluate the library account and forgive eligible fines and fees on Milwaukee Public Library-owned items.
- Update or re-activate library card accounts that meet qualifications.
- Provide information on current library programs, services, and policies.
- Items placed in book drops will not be eligible for this program.
- Fines and fees on suburban library items, Milwaukee County Federated Library System (MCFLS), cannot be waived – only City of Milwaukee fines/fees may be forgiven.
- Items returned between September 26, 2016 and October 16, 2016 at MPL Express at Silver Spring will not be eligible for this program, please visit a full-service branch.
Please contact Ready Reference (414) 286-3011 with additional questions.