Milwaukee Public Library offers the following services at all branch locations:
- Fax - Using a credit card, debit card, or check card.
- Print - Mobile printing available from your home, business, mobile device, or in the library.
- Scan - Scan photographs, IDs, individual pages, or bound books.
This service is credit card only and accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
Inside the US
Simply pick up the receiver and follow the voice prompts to send your outgoing fax. Incoming faxes are not permitted.
International calling and bilingual assistance (English/Spanish) are available.
Users can check the status of a fax or resend a fax by visiting: faxscan24.com
- A valid Milwaukee Public Library card number, PIN, and a Print Center account.
- If you already have a valid library card, but not a PIN or Print Center account, see a librarian or call Ready Reference at 414-286-3011.
- If you need a library card, register today.
Steps for laptop or home computer users
- Visit the Milwaukee Public Library Print Center.
- Login. Username = your 14-digit library card number, Password = your library card PIN.
- Select Upload, navigate to desired file and select Open.
- Once you see that your file has loaded, you can preview it onscreen and adjust printing options like black/white, color and single or double sided. The Print Center will show you the cost of the print job.
- Your file is now ready to print at any MPL location and will remain active for 24 hours (after which time it will auto-delete).
- To access your print job once at the library, login to a Pharos print station with your library card number and PIN. Ask a librarian for assistance if needed.
Emailing from a mobile device (will also work from a laptop or home computer)
- Email the file that you would like to print as an attachment to: email@example.com (for Black & White)
firstname.lastname@example.org (for Color)
- If you have not already established a Print Center account, you will receive an email reply with instructions for doing so. Username = your 14-digit library card number, Password = your library card PIN.
- You will receive an email reply letting you know that your file is now ready to print at any MPL location and will remain active for 24 hours (after which time it will auto-delete).
- To access your print job once at the library, login to a print station with your library card number and PIN. Ask a librarian for assistance if needed.
- Black & White printing = $.15 per page for single-sided, $.30 per page for double-sided.
- Color printing = $.50 per page for single-sided, $1.00 per page for double-sided.
- Payment is made by adding cash or coins to your library print center account at an in-library Print Station or with credit card through the Print Center website.
For credit cards, Paypal charges a convenience fee for each transaction and the minimum amount that can be added to your account is $5.00. You do not need a Paypal account (you can add funds as a guest) but you do need an email address.
- All funds added (cash or credit card) are non-refundable.
Supported file formats and size
- Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- PDF, JPG, TIF, GIF, PNG, BMP, TXT, CSV
- Maximum file size is 50MB
- To print website content, capture a screenshot or copy and then paste into a Word document file.
Scan items in black-and-white or color and save them to the following formats:
- Microsoft Word
- JPEG files
Scan up to 40 pages per minute and send them to your flash drive, Google documents folder, or email address. There is no charge for this service.