Recommend A Purchase
Note: Milwaukee Public Library does not accept online advance requests for feature films and television programs on DVD for all audiences. We also don’t accept advance requests for music CDs in the young adult and adult collections. Milwaukee Public Library continues to accept online advance requests for all non-fiction DVDs classified as educational, informational and/or instructional and all children’s CDs.
If you are unable to locate an item in the online catalog (CountyCat) and would like to make a suggestion for purchase, please fill out the form below. This request form is a service of the City of Milwaukee Public Library (MPL). The collections of MPL and suburban libraries in Milwaukee County are all in CountyCat. Your request will be forwarded to the appropriate department within MPL for consideration and will be evaluated in accordance with the library's Collection Management Plan.
- If your request for a physical item is ordered, a hold will be placed for you and the item will be sent to the library of your choice.
- Staff cannot place holds on eBooks or eAudiobooks. If the requested item is ordered, you will need to place your own hold via CountyCat, or Libby.
- Due to the number of requests we receive, we are unable to respond individually to each recommendation.
- In order to best serve our customers, a Milwaukee County Federated Library System library card number is required to request a purchase.
- You may only request 4 titles in a 30-day cycle.