To our Community:
We are pleased to serve you as our community continues to navigate the pandemic. For information on current services, please visit our Stay Connected page.
We are taking great care to minimize risk and ensure that patron and staff safety remains top of mind. Please know we are available to help you and to make sure you have access to the many resources available through mpl.org
Our COVID-19 INFO page includes links to library FAQs as well as information on health, jobs, basic needs, and even ways to combat cabin fever.
The Milwaukee Public Library has a strong tradition of rising to meet the changing needs of our community. We continue to look for ways to serve you amid the changing landscape of the pandemic.
- Online resources are continuously reviewed and updated. The library provides free access to Freegal Music, Hoopla, Gale Courses, and OverDrive. Learn about these services and many more on our Featured Databases page.
- With the Book Bundle service you can fill out a form to let us know what you're in the mood for and our staff will select up to five (5) items in a variety of formats based on your input. Items will be available for pickup at one of our locations.
- Librarians routinely update our recommended booklists that represent an impressive array of genres in both fiction and non-fiction for adults, teens and children.
- As always, the Milwaukee Public Library is a key resource for parent engagement and resources for students. From digital resources like Brainfuse, OverDrive and LibraryNow to online academic support including Reading Buddies and Virtual Teacher in the Library to online story times, take and makes and curbside crafts there’s something for every age and interest.
- We continue to keep you informed of all our news and programming through our presence on social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Our Mission Statement promises that we will help people read, learn, and connect. Even in the midst of this uncertainty, that is a promise we intend to keep.
MPL is an anchor institution that helps build healthy families and vibrant neighborhoods – the foundation of a strong Milwaukee.
Inspiration starts here – we help people read, learn, and connect.