To our Community:
What brings you to your neighborhood library? Books? Programs? Technology? Join this informal conversation to let us know why your library is important to you and what role it plays in your neighborhood. See when the next Communication Conversation is scheduled in your neighborhood.
These gatherings are for you to have an opportunity to tell me directly what is most important to you as it relates to how you use the library now and how you want to be able to use the library going forward.
The input and feedback we collect from you and your fellow residents all over the city over the next few months will give us a much clearer picture of what the most valued library services look like for this community.
It will inform our decision-making as we prepare our 2024 budget request and will help us deliver a library service plan for Mayor Johnson’s review and ultimate inclusion within his next proposed budget.
That service plan will be made public in mid-September and at that time you and the Common Council will have an opportunity to respond to it and offer additional feedback.
Make plans to join us - we want to hear from you!
Signing up for MPL's monthly newsletter will keep you informed of programs for all ages. Don't forget about all the services available from your Milwaukee Public Library as well:
- Online resources are continuously reviewed and updated. The library provides free access to music, books, audiobooks, movies, magazines, and many other resources through Freegal, Hoopla, Gale Courses, and OverDrive. Learn about these services and many more on our Featured Databases page.
- With the Book Bundle service you can fill out a form to let us know what you're in the mood for and our staff will select up to five (5) items in a variety of formats based on your input. Items will be available for pickup at one of our locations.
- Librarians routinely update our recommended booklists that represent an impressive array of genres in both fiction and non-fiction for adults, teens and children.
- As always, the Milwaukee Public Library is a key resource for parent engagement and resources for students. From digital resources like Brainfuse, OverDrive and LibraryNow to online academic support including Reading Buddies and Virtual Teacher in the Library to online story times, take and makes and curbside crafts there’s something for every age and interest.
- Stay informed with all library news and activities by signing up for our e-newsletter and following us on social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Our Mission Statement promises that we will help people read, learn, and connect. Even in the midst of this uncertainty, that is a promise we intend to keep.
MPL is an anchor institution that helps build healthy families and vibrant neighborhoods – the foundation of a strong Milwaukee.
Inspiration starts here – we help people read, learn, and connect.