To our Community:
Thinking back to the beginning of 2021, I believe many of us felt that by this point in the year things would be “back to normal.” While many businesses have transitioned, schools are back in session, and our libraries have re-opened for browsing, there are still many aspects of our daily lives that are upended, and many uncertainties remain.
I hope you’ll continue to count on the Milwaukee Public Library as a vital part of your daily life and your community, providing service – both online and in-person – to all ages. We’ll continue to provide recommendations for reading, directions toward information, and entertaining and informative online programming.
Library staff have been involved in serving the community – both through the library and in other city departments – since the beginning of the pandemic. Our dedication to our patrons, our neighborhoods, and our community will continue.
Below are links to some of the services and programs available from your Milwaukee Public Library:
- Information on current library services can be found on our Stay Connected page. We are taking great care to minimize risk and ensure that patrons and staff are safe in our spaces.
- Online resources are continuously reviewed and updated. The library provides free access to music, books, audiobooks, movies, magazines, and many other resources through Freegal, Hoopla, Gale Courses, and OverDrive. Learn about these services and many more on our Featured Databases page.
- With the Book Bundle service you can fill out a form to let us know what you're in the mood for and our staff will select up to five (5) items in a variety of formats based on your input. Items will be available for pickup at one of our locations.
- Librarians routinely update our recommended booklists that represent an impressive array of genres in both fiction and non-fiction for adults, teens and children.
- As always, the Milwaukee Public Library is a key resource for parent engagement and resources for students. From digital resources like Brainfuse, OverDrive and LibraryNow to online academic support including Reading Buddies and Virtual Teacher in the Library to online story times, take and makes and curbside crafts there’s something for every age and interest.
- Stay informed with all library news and activities by signing up for our e-newsletter and following us on social media including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
Our Mission Statement promises that we will help people read, learn, and connect. Even in the midst of this uncertainty, that is a promise we intend to keep.
MPL is an anchor institution that helps build healthy families and vibrant neighborhoods – the foundation of a strong Milwaukee.
Inspiration starts here – we help people read, learn, and connect.