Available services include: Wi-Fi, copying & printing, catalog access, item retrieval, library card registration & renewal, 2-hour access to computers, scan station, fax, copier, picking up reserved items (holds) and quick reference assistance. Holds and checkouts available. Patrons may browse materials in the stacks for both children’s and adult materials in all branch locations. Limited browsing is available at Central Library.
Bay View Branch, located at 2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., opened in October 1993. The branch replaced the Llewellyn Library built in 1914 and located at 907 E. Russell.
The building is contemporary with an open, bright environment. Under the Milwaukee Arts Board's Percentage for Art program, artist Peter Flanary created three mosaic maps in the linoleum floor of the lobby, one representing Bay View at the time of settlement in 1832; another from 1900, when a steel mill on the lakefront spurred the community's growth; the third showing the area as it is today.
Bay View Branch features:
- Weekly Story Times for young children
- Monthly Book Club discussion
- Computer lab featuring desktop computers for public use
- Laptops for use inside the library
- Free Wi-Fi for all visitors
- Free computer classes for City residents
- Drop-in job search and resume help
- Public meeting spaces
- Meeting Room (Accommodates 75)
- Printing, Faxing and Scanning service
- Color printer