Bay View Branch, located at 2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave., opened in October 1993. The branch replaced the Llewellyn Library built in 1914 and located at 907 E. Russell.
The building is contemporary with an open, bright environment. Under the Milwaukee Arts Board's Percentage for Art program, artist Peter Flanary created three mosaic maps in the linoleum floor of the lobby, one representing Bay View at the time of settlement in 1832; another from 1900, when a steel mill on the lakefront spurred the community's growth; the third showing the area as it is today.
Bay View Branch features:
- Accessible (powered) entrance/exit
- Programming and events for children, teens, and adults
- Weekly story times for young children
- Book club discussion
- Great graphic novel collection
- Chromebooks and Hotspots available for checkout (ages 18+)
- Computer lab featuring desktop computers for public use
- Laptops for use inside the library
- Free Wi-Fi for all visitors
- Public meeting spaces
- Meeting Room (Accommodates 75)
- Faxing and scanning self-service
- Black & White and Color printer
- Outdoor seating available, including accessible table
- Curbside service is available. Please call the curbside pickup phone number on-site in the parking lot.
Upcoming Events at
Come hang out and explore different STEAM stations this school…
You bring it in we'll explain how to use it! Do…
Young children and their caregivers are invited to story times…
Calling all seniors! Stop on by the Bay View Branch…