Milwaukee's "Third Place"
The library is an anchor of Milwaukee's dynamic neighborhoods: creating awareness, fostering community dialog, and serving as the place residents can go to find connections, resources, information, recreation, and technology. Milwaukee Public Library community rooms and conference rooms are available for use by the public when not being used by the library, subject to the Room Use Policy.
- You must create an account in order to request a room. The Spaces Team reviews requests Mondays through Fridays, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- View Spaces Descriptions.
- Reservations are not confirmed until you receive an approval email.*
- *At least 24-hours’ advance notice is required for requests. Also, requests made for that same weekend will not be reviewed until the following Monday and as such cannot be approved.
Arriving at/Leaving the Library
Please ask for the Librarian-in-Charge when arriving for a space use. Also, please stop at a desk when you are leaving so we can secure the room and hear your feedback about your Space use.
Note for Organizations Requesting Rooms via “Spaces” for the First Time
If you are requesting this room as a member of an organization, you will request the creation of the organization and your position in the organization. Because this happens during the request process, please select “no organization” for your first request. You’ll be able to choose your organization with your future Space requests once we are able to approve it in the online system.
- Community Rooms and Conference Rooms are offered free of charge and may be reserved up to three months in advance.
- Central’s Krikelas Conference Room offers a latop, an LCD projector, DVD player, and television. LCD projectors are available in all branch library Community Rooms.
- Tables and chairs are provided in each room and all rooms have access to WiFi. There are no printing services within meeting spaces, but access to pay-for-printing is available in other areas of the library with a valid library card.
- Community and conference rooms are also available for walk-ins on a first-come, first-served basis if there are no reservations. To request a room as a walk-in, please ask for the Librarian-in-Charge. All guidelines and rules apply to walk-in reservations.
All branch libraries have parking lots. Central Library has metered parking around the building and two pay-by-the-hour lots on the south side of Wisconsin Avenue. ParkMilwaukee.com can provide additional information on parking downtown.
Contact the library's Spaces Team with questions.