Benefits of Serving:
MPL AmeriCorps members receive a living stipend of $16,860 for the term of service, paid biweekly. In addition to the living stipend, members have access to many benefits during their year of service.
Other Benefits Include:
- Segal Education Award following successful completion of service (up to $4.826.50)
- Health insurance benefits
- Childcare cost payment
- Deferment of qualifying student loans
- Mileage reimbursement for on-the-job travel
- Cell phone stipend
- Members will attend weekly training sessions on a variety of different topics, including: career exploration and planning; networking; technical and soft skill development; community engagement; trauma-informed education practices, and much more.
- AmeriCorps members get the unique opportunity to serve their community. As a volunteer committing to a year of service, you will have a true impact in Milwaukee.