Explore Our Booklists for Youth:
- 1st Grade
- African American History & Heritage for Kids
- Children Book Club Kits
- Teen Book Club Kits
- Women's History for Kids
- Libros en español para niños
- A New Home
- Hispanic Heritage for Kids
- Native American Heritage for Kids
- Urban Wildlife: Poetry in Your Backyard
- Asian Pacific American Heritage for Young Children
- Explore the Universe
- Great Books for Teens 2020
- Great Books for Kids 2020
- Teen E-books
- Inspirational Teen Poetry & Novels in Verse
- 2019 Milwaukee County Teen Book Award
- Fandom Inspired Fiction
- Asian Pacific American Heritage for Kids
- Asian Pacific American Heritage for Middle Graders
- Asian Pacific American Heritage for Teens
- Black Lives Matter for Young Children
- Black Lives Matter - Teen edition
- Black Lives Matter for Kids
- Black Lives Matter for Middle Graders
- Pride for Young Children
- Pride for Kids
- Pride for Middle Graders
- LGBTQ+ Teen Reads
- Summer Reads for Young Children
- Summer Reads for Kids
- Summer Reads for Middle Graders
- Famous African Americans for Teens
- African American History & Heritage for Middle Graders
- Women's Equality Day 2020 - Teen Reads
- Hispanic Heritage for Young Children
- Hispanic Heritage for Middle Graders
- Hispanic Heritage for Teens
- Voting for Young Children
- Voting for Kids
- Voting for Middle Graders
- Vote! Teen Reads
1st GradeDownload PDF
Cece Loves Science
by Kimberly Derting & Shelli R. Johannes; illustrations by Vashti Harrison.
Cece and her best friend Isaac take on a science project, working hard to observe, experiment on, and evaluate their subject, which just happens to be Cece’s dog, Einstein!View on CountyCat
by Gwendolyn Hooks; illustrated by Shirley Ng-Benitez.
Missing the garden she used to have before she moved, Lily asks her friends and neighbors to help create a new one at the public garden.View on CountyCat
Hidden City: Poems of Urban Wildlife.
by Sarah Grace Tuttle; illustrated by Amy Schimler-Safford.
With poetry and rich illustrations, readers can discover the wonders of nature that make their home alongside people in the city.View on CountyCat
Hidden Figures: The True Story of Four Black Women and the Space Race.
by Margot Lee Shetterly with Winifred Conkling; illustrated by Laura Freeman.
Meet four brilliant African American women who used remarkable math skills to help design planes and put an astronaut into space and a man on the moon.View on CountyCat
I Lost My Tooth!
by Mo Willems.
When Zoom Squirrel loses a tooth the other squirrels are determined to help him find it! This funny story is full of squirrely antics, humor and fun facts.View on CountyCat
I Walk with Vanessa: A Story About a Simple Act of Kindness.
In this wordless picture book, a young girl sees a new student at school being bullied and decides to take action to make her feel welcome.View on CountyCat
Look At Me!: How to Attract Attention in the Animal World.
by Steve Jenkins & Robin Page.
Explore fascinating ways animals use their unique characteristics to attract attention or protect themselves from predators.View on CountyCat
Niblet & Ralph.
by Zachariah OHora.
When two cats get switched, only their child owners realize something is amiss. Both children set out to find their “missing” cat. Will each cat get back to its rightful home?View on CountyCat
What is Chasing Duck?
by Jan Thomas.
Duck and friends let their fears get the best of them as they imagine they are being chased by a horrible monster. Follow their other adventures in the rest of the Giggle Gang books.View on CountyCat
The Word Collector.
by Peter H. Reynolds.
Jerome is a collector of words. Those he hears, sees, and reads. Words he already knows and words he discovers. But best of all is when Jerome finds ways to share his words with the world.View on CountyCat